All the schools have been cancelled in the area the past two days (except the University) because of extreme cold weather. -25 to be exact. Greta was thrilled, even if she only started school again after the break on Tuesday! Ha! I still had a doctor’s appointment to go to and the inside of the door at the office was complete ice. It’s freezing here. Like, so, so ridiculously cold you can’t touch the steering wheel or front door handle without a glove on.
We’ve taken the forced hibernation as an opportunity to get started cleaning out our storage room. We emptied everything out of the room and organized it into three gigantic piles of keep, toss and donate. Happily, the keep pile is the smallest. It already feels like a huge victory and we’re just getting started.
More fun things this week!
• We were named one of Domino’s top 10 best decorating blogs on a budget! We are in the best company with a lot of our other favorites and although the write-up isn’t 100% accurate (we’re definitely still working on our home!) seeing that pop-up on instagram and reading the whole article on their site was a highlight of my week!
• This kids’ bathroom in Caitlyn Wilson’s home is giving us major inspiration for our own girls’ bathroom renovation we’re planning right now. I love the pull out step stools, the basketweave tile behind the mirrors, and the fun patterned flooring! Her designs never disappoint!
• This deep green floral shirtdress is so. pretty. And it’s one of those dresses that can you can easily wear fall, winter and spring! I’m ordering it.
• I love nearly all of these (kind of fun) everyday new year resolution ideas! Switch from black to navy. Black is chic, but navy is soft.
• Did you get any great gifts over the holiday you didn’t even ask for? I always feel like those are the best kinds. Chris got me this coat for Christmas and it’s my favorite, favorite gift. It’s warm, and a little unique with the fastener at the top and I’ve gotten compliments every time I’ve worn it. I got him this All-Clad 8qt. perforated multi-pot (I even got his initials monogrammed on it!) and he has used it every day! When he opened it, he said, “You must really, really love me. You actually got me another pot?!”
• 10 Simple Things to Make you Happier At Home. Yes, yes, yes!
Stay warm this weekend!