If you follow along on Instagram, you know that we made some major progress in the girls’ room yesterday. The wallpaper went up! Chris got all the lighting installed (we’ll talk about that on Monday) and I even figured out a fabric snafu I was having with the bench cushion. It felt like progress and for the first time like, hey, I think we’re going to get this done in time!
This week, a painting I commissioned my sister to do for the room also showed up and every time I look at it, I get all teary-eyed. For so many years, we weren’t sure if we were going to be able to have another child and now they want to share a room! You can check out more of her work right here. We have these getting dressed prints by her in our laundry room. One funny side note is, I was so focused on this painting and receiving it, that I completely spaced ordering any other art for the room! Luckily, I think we have enough art in Greta and Faye’s current rooms to shift over…I hope.
More fun things this week!
• Did you see that Gwen had a sweet baby girl this week?! All of our love to that fresh bundle of joy…and I bet she still pulls off an out-of-this-world One Room Challenge.
• These Blackout curtains with tule (in so many pretty colors!) would be so sweet in a nursery or feminine room! And they have almost 500 5 star reviews!
• I thought this article about how 86 burglars broke into homes was really eye-opening. It’s full of tips on what’s keeping our homes safe (big dogs! cars in the driveway!) and what’s not as much as we thought (security cameras were split down the middle between a deterrent and a sign there were valuables.)
• In my opinion, there are slipper people and non-slipper people. And if you’re a slipper person like me, then you’ll appreciate these gray cable knit ones, too. (Under $20!)
• Linda, who founded the One Room Challenge, always gives us lots of advice and I REALLY needed to hear her advice this week, “It’s all about the pictures! I wish it wasn’t that way, but it is. Get over it. Snap out of it. And show up! Show up next week with the best photos you have ever had on your site. We all know someone with a fancy camera and some photo-enhancing skills. Maybe it’s you? If not, get that person to help you.” It’s always nerve-wrecking for me to try to portray in photos to all of you how our home feels in person, but I am putting all of those nerves aside now–which is probably the most challenging part of the challenge for me! I bought a tilt-shift lens for my camera, specifically for interiors–an investment in my photography that I’m determined to improve–and carved out time on Monday to hopefully capture “the best photos I’ve every had on our site.” Knocking on all the wood the sun cooperates that day.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!