1. I took 20 minutes and zhooshed the kitchen last Sunday, with a few new things and the freshness always makes me fall in love with a room all over again. It also inspires me to keep the counters clearer and invite someone new over.
We added this printable equivalents chart (I tore the edges of like in my print making classes in college) in this frame, and these nesting batter bowls. I got a lot of questions about the large white bowls on the top shelf–they are from Amazon right here. We use them for everything from Pho and Ramen to serving or a big bowl or cereal.
We also hung the hanging herbs back in the kitchen! Target still has the hanging planters (here) that we added some additional twine to to stagger them a bit. The twist? They’re faux herbs. The basil (from here) could not look more real! And we put these faux herbs in the other. Chris goes through our actual herbs so fast, hanging them wasn’t working or practical for him, but I missed the hanging planters and I’m so thrilled with the solution.
2. I started doing my nighttime facial routine as soon as I get the girls to bed, instead of two hours later when I’m too tired. It’s a small thing that feels like such a big, positive change. I take my time removing my makeup, and washing away the day and then sometimes I’ll do a mask and finish up with my favorite face and eye cream. Put on a line on lash boost above my lashes and my white strips on for 30 minutes. My skin feels so much happier. (I love this mask, this face cream and this eye cream.)
3. These 5 tips for photographing interiors. I’m always trying to improve!
4. I got dressed in real clothes every day. Because I work from home, it’s easy to fall into a loungewear habit, but a button up and jeans still makes me feel more productive sitting at my desk and it felt strangely fun wearing my clothes just for me–like my true self.
5. Our backyard playground was swarming with kids as the weather warmed up earlier this week.
6. I went to Target with a friend and didn’t force myself to love any of the new OpalHouse stuff. It’s just not for me, and that’s okay! (I did love this top though and totally bought it).
7. I tackled a big, easy, tedious DIY fabric project that I’m really excited about–and will share soon! But mostly it was so fun to just focus on a project I could do 100% myself again.
9. Instead of an alarm, I started using the bedtime option (it’s in the clock icon) and not only does it wake me up with the nicest tune, but it also lets me know 30 minutes before I need to go to sleep, to start winding down. Like a reverse alarm. I won’t start another episode. I’ll close my computer and just relax those last 30 minutes and I’ve been sleeping so much better–for 8 hours a night–waking up at 6:10 to hit the gym feels so much easier.
10. My new “leather” jacket came (I ended up going with this one from Express) and I haven’t stopped wearing it. It’s perfect and the weather is just right for it!
What made you happy this week?