And just like that, November’s over, and we’re winding down for the year! November is always our busiest month. We chugged immunity shots (from Clean Juice) multiple times so that we could stay on top of all of our deadlines. We started the month releasing all of our gift guides, and shared a round up of the best wrapping paper and ribbons to wrap them in. We worked on the bonus room almost every day–installing a transom window and pocket door AND a hidden door. We shared our new backyard plans (omg I’m so excited). We launched our newest rug collection with Loloi and settled into a new living room layout. I shared the 411 about cabinet overlays and the inspiration behind the paint colors I’m choosing in this house and we ended the month with such a lovely Thanksgiving, followed by my 36th birthday and a whirlwind of holiday sales and shopping!
To ship November off and welcome in the new month, I like to share some of my favorite things from this month with you and some things that you all asked about or clicked on the most! A lot of these things would also make great Christmas gifts if you’re still needing some ideas!
1. The Midnight Library $22 One of my favorite birthday gifts I got this year from Chris. Such an amazing read that I’m going to read AGAIN over the holidays.
2. J.Crew Merino Men’s Sweater $47 with code FESTIVE This sweater was the most popular thing we shared over Black Friday. I got the same one for my Father in Law last year and it’s such a classic, beautiful sweater that he wears all the time.
3. Smiley Disc Necklace $48 My best friend launched this necklace with one of my favorite jewelry companies this month and it makes me smile every day–obviously.
4. High-Waisted Side Pocket Leggings $13 with 35% taken off at checkout Staple leggings with pockets!! Another one of the most popular links we shared on Black Friday. You can check out my favorite workout leggings post here.
5. 12 piece stoneware dinner set $45 I shared a photo of my Thanksgiving plate (somehow Chris knocks it further out of the park every year!) and the number one question I got was where the plate was from. So here it is. Haha. Very chic and affordable!
6. Tiered Midi Dress $138
7. Vienna Mirror $2150 We haven’t purchased many furnishings or decor since moving here but I knew almost immediately I wanted a large mirror over the fireplace. And it had to be LARGE. I took measurements and knew I wanted something around 4’x5′. I found this beautiful mirror that was 43″x60″ and pulled the trigger on it. It took a little bit to get here but we put it over the fireplace in the living room this week and I’m SO PLEASED with the investment. It’s stunning and the size is just right. I don’t think one can have too many lamps, mirrors or rugs. More photos coming!
8. Always Pan $145
9. Slate Ivory Rug $379 for a 7’9″ x 9’9″
10. Vintage Velvet Ribbon $13 for 25 yards
11. Agolde High Wasted Straight Denim $198 I tried Agolde jeans for the first time this month and whew! They are just as good as everyone told me they were. Nice and rigid. Flattering cuts. Holds you in in all the right places. I’m working on a post of my denim journey because there are still some Old Navy Jeans that
12. Sheer Indestructible Tights $99
13. Periwinkle Taper Candles $18 I really wanted a pop on the mantle for Christmas so I got these extra tall tapers and I love the way the cool blue pairs with the warm gray-green walls in our living room.
14. Eye shadow Palette $48 I shared how I switched up a couple things in my makeup routine this month and this eyeshadow palette has been my favorite new addition. It’s the BEST!
15. Check Knit Sweater $59
16. The Biltmore Priceless I had been mentioning to Chris that I wanted to see the Biltmore and he surprised me with a tour on my birthday. I wore the check sweater linked above and spent hours touring the beautifully decorated halls, rooms and grounds. We only had a couple hours, but I left so incredibly inspired and eager to make another trip!!
So glad you have already visited Biltmore House. Today is our 35th anniversary, and we have intended for years and years to go see Biltmore during the holidays. I want to stay at the inn, shop at the Village, and take the evening tour. He just wants to hit the palatial kitchen! What a great birthday treat for you. Cheers!
Thanks for sharing! Is your dad tall too? My husband is 6’3” and find that a lot of sweaters are short on him. Wondering if the J.Crew one may be a good fit for him?
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?