Last week we shared our freshly painted and organized pantry and this week, we thought it would be fun to give a little video tour. There were a few skeptics that thought not everything came back in the pantry, and I can confidently say that all the major players and small appliances are here! We did find a spot in the kitchen for our kids plates, and moved the coolers to the garage, but other than that organization is magic!
Here’s what it used to look like–woof:
Watch the short tour below or on our YouTube channel here!
A couple notes I cover in the video:
• I love to group by kids/adults mainly because I eat special food for my health and I like to keep it separated from Chris’s (who mostly eats keto) and I keep the girls’ options at their level. It makes it so much easier for them to grab a snack, breakfast or help pack their lunch.
• Besides snacks, I have a breakfast shelf, lunch shelf, baking shelf, drinks all together, pasta/rice and canned goods. Despite popular opinion, labeling does not an organized pantry make. In fact, I only believe in labeling things you could actually confuse with something else (ie. I don’t label the pretzels, but definitely the tapioca flour).
• HERE’S the label maker we have. I use the clear tape with black lettering and just put the label near the base of the canisters.
• All of the small appliances, vases, trays, live out of the way and the rest is organized according to how often and whom is accessing it. Chris’s spices are right at the entrance (Here is the link to his spice jars!) and the girls breakfast options are at their level and my snacks are out of reach–haha.
• The system is what is going to keep you organized. Decant the things that you buy the most often or your pantry staples, put the other things in bins or baskets. I have a few different storage containers in here, some from our last house and some we bought new for this pantry. But the OXO POP containers are hands-down my favorite of the bunch!
To wrap it up, I wanted you to know there are so many options out there to fit a variety of budgets. I rounded up my my 6 essentials for pantry organization below for you to check out and make a plan. An organized pantry will greatly greatly improve your quality of life and I’m speaking from experience. Set a budget and work towards making it happen!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home