For our last gift guide, we wanted to round up a few gifts to give people who seem to have everything. These are sure to please just about everybody and are maybe things someone wouldn’t buy for themselves.
1. Brandon Stanton’s new book, Human’s of New York: Stories, is at the top of my list. I devoured Human’s of New York and can’t wait to read more never-before-seen stories of people I find myself feeling like I know.
2. Bose Soundlink Mini Bluetooth Speaker II. A high quality bluetooth speaker! Music free of plugs is kind of the best luxury you can gift.
3. Exploding Kittens. A hilarious game that broke all the Kickstarter records. It’s a lightening deal on Amazon right now! Run!
5. Apollo Olive Oil. I bought this award winning olive oil for Chris for father’s day and it was incredibly fresh and the taste was out of this world. We saved it for special occasions and meals. Something anyone would love to receive but maybe wouldn’t buy for themselves.
6. Conair beard trimmer. Chris has been rocking the perfect amount of stubble (without ever having to shave clean) for two years thanks to this guy. It’s still his favorite gift of all time.
7. Hair thickening serum with so many great reviews, so she can get the best blowout every time she washes her hair.
8. Dinner Bell. We added this dinner bell to our new kitchen and it is something so special to me because it reminds me of when my grandma would ring the dinner bell. Now I want to give one to everyone!
9. Soma Water Pitcher. It’s about time someone made a good looking pitcher. This one is also sustainable and plant based. We’ve had ours for over a year!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We’re welcoming fall by lighting up the evenings with the glow of our fire pit. In Idaho, fire pits were more of a summer evening event. Fall was too cold to be out in the evening without being bundled with a coat and blanket. It’s magically different here, and the subtle crisp evenings are just […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home