We generally post gift guides closer to Black Friday, but when Lulu & Georgia asked if I would be interested in curating a gift guide for the Home Lover as a part of their 12 Days Of Giveaways, I jumped at the chance. It’s taken Chris a few years to realize that the best gifts you could give me are things for our home. “But that’s not for you!” He insists. But, oh, they really really are. I’d take a brass and wood toilet paper holder (uhh, it made the list–see below!) over a slouchy cardigan any day.
Here’s what I’m gifting and wish-listing this year (you can shop my entire collection right here!):
1. Hana Vase : Love the mix of ivory and warm wood, something that will never go out of style! $49
2. 2016 Kate Desk Calendar : There’s no prettier way to tell the date, and it comes with the chic gold stand, too! $56
3. Pommes Frites Candle Co. Amber & Moss Candle : This is my favorite scent from this company! It’s earthy and transitions so well from autumn into winter. $18
4. Navy and Cream Juja Throw : The color combo is like a good pair of blue jeans–it’ll go with everything! And that chunky knit? C’mon! $150
5. Henry Vase : Can’t get enough of these cheeky vases. $30
6. The Hostess Cutting Board : Perfect for the foodie or entertainer in your life (hi, Chris!) $74
7. Red Poppies Print : This $20 print has my whole heart. It’s warm and has a cool vintage vibe. I can see it hanging anywhere from a nursery to a kitchen or bathroom, even. $20
8. Maya Brenner Letter Lumbar Pillow : Customize it to your home lovers’ last name (or first!) and it’s an instant personal gift they’ll cherish forever. (I would. I really would!) $138
9. Him and her Abstract Bookends : We have these in the reading room and are always getting compliments about them. They make any collection of books look instantly classier. $83
10. Wink Wink Pillow : The color scheme is neutral enough to put anywhere and the winks are so quirky and fun–I want a pair for the bedroom! $99
11. Brass Toilet Paper Holder : Yes, this is a toilet paper holder which could be an interesting gift for a normal person, but a home lover (like me!)–potential favorite gift. The most beautiful toilet paper holder in existence. (I imagine it could be used for hand towels too!) $44
12. Kenza Moroccan Pouf, Dark Tan : We have this and it bounces from room to room when I need a pick me up. It has that power ;) $205
13. Jonathan Adler Elephant Ornament : My mom loves giving us an ornament every year and this one is on my wish list for this year! It would also make a really beautiful “baby’s first Christmas” heirloom ornament. $28
14. Dwell Studio Faceted White Vase : We have the medium, and wouldn’t be mad about getting the small and large, too. So beautiful and a total steal! $15
15. Graphite Lace Wrapping Sheets : Don’t forget the drop dead gorgeous wrapping paper, geez. $8
Want a head start of shopping? I’ve teamed up with Lulu & Georgia to give away $100 to their shop as a part of their 12 days of giveaways! (If you use it on yourself, I won’t say a word!) Follow @chrislovesjulia and @luluandgeorgia on instagram and let me know through the Rafflecopter widget below and you’re entered! Easy peasy. Giveaway ends 11/16.
This post is in partnership with Lulu & Georgia. All choices, images and words are my own. You can shop my curated gift guide right here through 12/25.
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Over the weekend Brooke (our social media manager) and I went to the Parade of Homes in the Raleigh area and it was so fun to get a feel of how other people in our new area are living and living large! The purpose of the parade is so that home builders and designers can […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home