This week, we’re talking about creating rituals in your home. I rounded up some things that bring comfort and joy in my home, along with a few rituals I would love to develop. We don’t need a special occasion for fresh flowers or linen napkins. Light the candle. Turn on the lamps. Let’s make every day feel special by spending time doing the things that we love.
1. Custom House Portrait $58 I gave this to all of my sisters depicting our childhood home and there. were. tears!
2. Checkered Doormat $58 To make your front door feel like home.
3. Pacific Maidenhair Fern $64 Watering the plants is on my list of rituals to adopt ;)
4. Outdoor String Lights $45 (On sale for $28!) A budget way to make your outdoor space feel magical.
5. Dinner Bell $24 Ringing the bell for dinner is much less hectic than yelling up to the girls.
6. Traeger Grill $1999 Nothing feels more like home than Chris grilling and the girls running around out back.
7. Bird Feeder $78 To spend your mornings watching the birds.
8. Candlestick $34 Make every day a special occasion.
9. Acacia Wood Serve Board $59 Charcuterie boards and a show are my love language.
10. Q&A a Day: 5-Year Journal $10 Spend a couple minutes each evening jotting these down.
11. Record Player $69 Our vinyl collection is going strong.
12. Brass Tray $45 Whether it’s for all your keys, or a catchall on your nightstand, it’s part of the routine!
13. Maison Louis Marie Candle $34 Do you have a scent that feels like home?
14. Vanity Planet Facial Steamer $54 My favorite spa-like Sunday routine.
15. Smart Bulbs Starter Kit $99 (On sale for $69!) “Alexa, turn off the lights.”
16. Bath Caddy $85 To keep your self-care essentials within reach as you soak.
What are some things that make you feel “at home?”
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
When you’re gearing up to try something new, whether it be jumping off a cliff into a cool lake, expecting your first child, or buying a new home, you need a cheerleader in your corner. You know, a hype girl saying you got this! It’s going to be great! You can do it! I’m here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home