I have done a countless amount of mood boards since March, when I started custom mood boards
for your spaces. During that time, close friends and family have asked me, “Does it get easier?” or “Does it get faster?” referring to the time and effort I put into each design. The answer is–not really, because every space is so different. However, today I wanted to share with you a few of my go-to accessories when putting together a room. I guess you could call them my “MVPs” of mood board making.
2. This table lamp
is not only sleek and modern, it is incredibly affordable. I’ll take two, please!
3. A punchy pillow is a must-have for every couch. I love this quirky pom-pom one
for its bright color and surprising shape.
5. Area rugs, people! Even if you have wall-to-wall carpet, don’t dismiss the power of layering an area rug over top. My current crush? This one from Shades of Light
that comes in a slew of different colors.
6. Something that’s alive…errr at least looks
alive. If you have a black thumb, or just don’t want to think about taking care of indoor plants, this faux potted grass
is easy to maintain and incredibly contemporary. If you still have ivy draped around your place, or worse, above your cabinets. Throw it out. Now.
7. I love mixing photos, art and typography for a curated look. This typographic print
is June’s chalkboard drawing, but feel free to find something that spells out what you feel about your space.
8. A throw. A throw. A throw. And not just to tuck away and pull out when you hunker down to watch the tube–it is also an accessory that can add a cozy pop to your room. I love these vibrant ones
draped over the arm of a couch. Psst. They’re on clearance!
There you have it. Some free design advice from yours truly. Anything you would add to the list?
Still itching for more? Is there a room in your home begging for some help? Are you stuck in a design rut? Send photos and your dilemma to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s get started. Check out our Mood Boards page for more info.