1. Brass Salt Mill $102 A kitchen essential the doubles as decor is a great gift for any home lover. They’ll put this on the counter, like a sculpture, next to the stovetop and think of you every time they season (and every time they receive a compliment!).
2. Clay Footed Bowl $39 This bowl has such a striking silhouette and makes for a great centerpiece — whether on the dining table, on the coffee table, or in a handsome hutch.
3. Custom House Portrait $58 I’ve gifted this many times (and included it on several gift guides!). Minted has a really special service where they can make a letterpress portrait of a house. I gave one to each of my sisters with our childhood home, and they all cried :)
4. Twisty Taper Candles $32 Tapers are having a moment right now. I’m especially of fan of colored tapers, and these twisty ones are extra fancy — and will make the home lover in your life squeal.
5. Vogue Living: Houses, Gardens, People $74 This gorgeous, substantial coffee table book has such a lovely weight to it. The photos are iconic, and there’s an all-around gush session that breaks out wherever this book is displayed.
6. Wynn Wicker Tray (similar) $99 I love this tray! It’s been on my coffee table, my dining table, and on the bench at the foot of my bed. Gifting a good tray is giving the gift of styling and restyling. It’s the most fun you can have with two handles.
7. Modern Paint by Numbers Kit $34 The Coloready paint-by-numbers are the most sophisticated I’ve ever seen. They have really stunning motifs in muted palettes, and I love the idea of gifting a meditative project that results in owning original art. This hare has my heart.
8. Grecian Bust Pot $28 I don’t have a green thumb, but I love the idea of stocking one of these beautiful busts with some fuzzy moss for the mantle.
9. Ceramic Match Striker $58 #ad This little ceramic match striker is my constant companion. I literally carry it around with me to every room, lighting candles, and I beam when it’s on my coffee table because everyone who comes over compliments it and wants to use it!
10. USB Candle Lighter $30 This little gadget is like a magic trick. It utilizes flameless technology for a clean, butane-free ignition and is rechargable through a USB port.
11. Wicker Scalloped Frame $100 I want to gift these to my mom with a grouping of family photos. I think the scalloped wicker is so charming!
12. Smart Light Bulb $24 “Alexa, turn on the lights in the office.” I actually asked Chris to make this happen for Christmas, and he delivered early! Smart lights make me feel like I’m living in the future! I never look for the switch anymore. It’s all voice command.
13. French 4-Piece Steak Knife Set $110 This is the most elegant, gift-worthy knife set I’ve ever seen. The beech wood handles alone are enough for me to write sonnets. They come in a really handsome wooden box that would look extra special festooned with a gift bow.
14. Antique Brass Wall Note $29 This little jotter would be so striking in the kitchen — for shopping lists or appointments or reminders or love notes. It makes a great gift because this one is all about elevating the ordinary.
15. Nicolas Vahe Extra Virgin Olive Oil $42 Italians always gift olive oil :) It’s a token for good gathering and a nod to the finer things. I love this one because it’s so delicious and aromatic and nutty. Ooos and Ahhs, all around.
16. Square Marble Coasters (similar) $20 These make a charming little gift for the hostess because they’re undoubtedly watching their end tables out of the corner of their eye (we all do it!). Ease their mind and elevate their space with marble coasters. When the party’s over, they look really refined in a little stack on the coffee table.
17. Malin+Goetz Candle $58 This is my favorite candle of the season (I said it!). The Dark Rum smells of bergamot and plum and anise and leather. It’s warm and wonderful, and you can smell it throughout the entire house.
18. Mango Wood Carved Pedestal $38 A pedestal is so versatile! Gift this to go under candles, potted plants, even appetizers. Bonus points if you gift the trio.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Last week, Chris and I had the incredible opportunity to travel to London for work. We were invited by Williams Sonoma and William Morris and Co to preview their newest collaboration and the inspiration behind it. It was my first time in London and although it was a quick trip, they brought us all over […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home