We love to have people over. We have sort of an open-door policy when it comes to dinner time. But we still marvel at friends and family members who are *perfect* hosts and hostesses. You know the type: Their home is seemingly always clean, their table is set to the nines, and their menu is unforgettable. They inspire us all! And not just because they send us home with leftovers! This season, wrap up something meaningful for your favorite entertainer, and don’t hesitate because you’re sure they already have candlesticks and charcuterie boards: They got to be good at this, in part, because they’ll well-stocked on party pleasers. Add to their bounty and score those coveted invites for another year.
1. The prettiest White Wooden Matches Bottle for their coffee table, your eye candy as they’re serving hors d’oeuvres in the living room. $9
2. Marble Cheese Knives for the most elevated cheese board experience. $29
3. LES Scented Candle: black currant, peach blossoms, jasmine, cardamom, and white cedar — a marvelous aroma with which to welcome guests. $36
4. “Please Ring” Doorbell Button for making a fancy first impression. $21
5. Gourmet Oil Dipping Spice Kit that they’ll proudly serve with a variety of warm breads, a crowd-pleasing appetizer. $39
6. On the Street: Five Decades of Iconic Photography by Bill Cunningham – a gorgeous coffee-table book and conversation-starter. Watch their guests pour over this one! $41
7. Clear Glass Carafe for sparkling water, juices, or anything they want to dress up for the table. $16
8. Suits Linen Cloth Dinner Napkins – These luxe-feeling linens go with everything, look eclectic on a dinner party table, make a lasting impression on guest laps. Your host will beam will pride. $39
9. Stoneware Salt & Pepper Shakers that will make everyone will ask them, “Where did you get these?!” $20
10. Linnea’s Lights Candle – They’ll love it because it says “Gather” on it, and they’ll think of you every time they smell its nutmeg, tonka, and vetiver. $34
11. Victrola 6-in-1 Wood Bluetooth Mid Century Record Player – This turntable, CD, Cassette Player, and Radio with Bluetooth capability will have all their bases covered for creating the ultimate party playlist. $129
12. “Well, Come On In” Doormat – The happiest welcome for the one who loves to welcome everyone. $68
13. Taper Candle Holder Set – This trio will be their go-to every time they set the table. $24
14. Hayes Black Marble Cheese Board – Your favorite entertainer likely has several boards in rotation. They’ll love this one because it’s understated and chic. Watch them set this one next to their boss, in-laws, or anyone they want to impress. $29
15. National Park Play Cards that they’ll use to distract guests with Gin Rummy while they clean the kitchen. (How do they always do that?!) $14
16. Round Bread Boards – A host’s staple! Watch them proudly serve breads, meats, cheeses, dips and all manner of snacks on these handsome boards. $105
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home