This week was one of those that felt never-ending. I think it had something to do with Halloween being on Tuesday, which made it feel like Friday and then we woke up and it was only Wednesday. Anyone else?
We’ve taken on a lot of campaigns in the next few weeks, which means a LOT of exciting work behind the scenes before the holidays really kick into gear around here; Including renovating a whole bathroom next week (not our own) on camera, and one other REALLY big project we’ll introduce on Tuesday. Any guesses??
Other fun things this week
• While we’re not decorating for Christmas around here YET, my mind is definitely already there keeping an eye open for good gift ideas and steals. This year, we really wanted to get (or build!) the girls a dress up rack for Christmas. And a rack is not complete without dress-up. We have some, but I added a ton more yesterday when I hit up Target and all of their costumes were 50% off in store! Run! Here are a few racks that I’m loving, too:
• We were really worried about Willow before our big party. She is so shy and we weren’t sure how she’d react to so many people in our home. We prepared a comfy spot for her in the laundry room and in the garage that we could completely close off if she seemed anxious, but to our surprise, she completely thrived! She visited with everyone and was so happy to have her chin and ears scratched by every single person. And ever since, she has seemed even more settled here. There is always a transition period when you re-home a dog. I remember Charly cried for a few days and Willow started barking when Chris made eye contact with her (I think she was telling him to take her back home). I’m not sure when or why it finally clicked, but after multiple walks a day always coming back to our house, lots of love and attention and a lot of dog treats–Willow finally seems at home here. We still have moments of shyness–it was starting to rain a few days ago and I really wanted her to come inside but no treat or coaxing was going to stop her from walking backwards away from the door. But then the multiple times when we’re on our walk and she stops just to lick my hand, or when she starts wagging her tail, even while laying down, when I walk by, or when she greets us at the front door, gives me the confidence that maybe she’s happy here.
• World Market is having a huge 40% off all furniture sale with code FURNSALE. Headboards for under $200. Sofas under $400. Blanket ladders for $60! I’m in love with this sale.
• Polly turned 3 months old this week! She is our smiliest, chubbiest, chattiest baby. She is sleeping well through the night, but nurses about every 2-2.5 hours during the day. I just want to pause time and soak her in every second. I love how her whole face and body transforms when she smiles. It melts me every time.
• This is the leopard print cardigan that I was wearing in my stories yesterday that I received no less than 100 messages about. I got a medium, and it’s roomy and cozy. (Could definitely wear a small, too!) Here’s a similar one from Target.
• Found the only master bathroom inspiration pic I’m gonna need. Drool! (via Studio Muir)
• This may seem like a weird recommendation, because mixing bowls?, but these mixing bowls are as beautiful as they are stylish. The non-slip bottom is so nice and the gold feels really fancy on our open shelves. (we bought 2 sets!)
Hope you all have a happy weekend! We’re all trying to kick colds around here and it may snow, so slippers, soup and snuggles are on the schedule.