We are slowly adjusting to life as a family of five. I’m still very sleep-deprived and weepy most of the time, but Polly has started giving me longer stretches of sleep at night and I feel like a new woman those mornings (we had a 5 hour stretch night followed by a 6 hour stretch night, followed by waking up every 2 hours! haha). At three weeks old, I’m just trying to cherish it all and take it all in and attempt to bottle that new baby smell. I’m not ready to completely dive back into DIY, but we’ve been tackling smaller projects here and there during her short cat naps and I’m learning that I really thrive off of seeing things around here progress again. Now, I’m just trying to see proof of progress in other aspects of my life. I struggle sitting around, but sitting and nursing in a glider all day is progress in its own right.
Other fun things this week!
• “PERFECTION IS A LIE. AND I AM NOT A LIAR.” Oh Sydney, this is my new mantra too, k?!
• West Elm is having an amazing sale right now. An extra 20% off clearance items at checkout with code EXTRASALE. I found a few things that are already marked down 50%, plus you get that extra 20% and the prices are just ridiculously good. Here are my best finds, but there’s so many more here!
Velvet Pole Pocket Curtains
Mid-Century Floor Lamp
Expandable Dining Table
Mongolian Lamb Pillow Cover
Architectura Whisper White Pillow Cover
Tidal Graph Wool Rug
Luxe Velvet Urban Bed
Diamond Crag Wool Shag Rug
Peaks and Plateaus Kilim Rug
Hourglass Wool Rug
• Living in the path of totality for the eclipse this week was so special. I didn’t know what to expect, really. But it was one of the coolest things I’ve ever witnessed in my life. It was spiritual and moving and phenomenal. No picture I have seen illustrates even a fraction of what we experienced. We are already making plans to travel to see the next one in 7 years!
• Chris wears t-shirts pretty much every single day, so when one of our friends told him about Wohven, a t-shirt subscription, his interest was piqued. He is now hooked! He receives a plain T and graphic T every month and the quality and fit is outstanding and the prices ($11 + free shipping for a plain T and $15 for a graphic) are actually cheaper than going to the store to buy a shirt. He said, “You should mention this in your Casual Friday post.” So here we are. :) Check it out here. Chris Marcum approved.
• Do you have a specific way you introduce a newborn to a pet? As soon as we brought Polly home, we allowed Charly to sniff her while we held her close to us, but it wasn’t until this week that I let them lay side by side on the floor. There was nothing but love and peace and gentleness.
Hope you all have a great weekend!