Title: Ep 09: John & Sherry Petersik of Young House Love: Buildin’ on a Budget Pt. 1
Guests: John & Sherry Petersik from www.younghouselove.com
Show Notes: The first of two episodes focused on budgeting for renovation, we visit with John and Sherry Petersik, the creators of the wildly successful Young House Love blog and brand. Hear them talk about some of their favorite “bang for your buck” projects, as well as some things they’ve learned they’d rather hire out than do themselves.
They’ll also share insights on the other side of a budget, which is timing, and knowing when the right time is to take on a project and how a phased approach may not only help you satisfy your desires for change, but set your space up for greatness when you’re ready for a full renovation.
CLJ posts mentioned:
Our Finished Deck!
Our Painted Kitchen Cabinets!
Before & After: We Have a (Finished!) Coat Closet!
Young House Love posts mentioned:
Our Finally Finished Bonus Room
How to Build A Deck: It’s DONE!!!
Trying Our Hand At DIY Ardex Concrete Counters
The Big Nursery Reveal: A Green & Blue Room For Our Girl
Be sure to listen to John & Sherry’s podcast, Young House Love Has a Podcast (it’s seriously great!), on iTunes. Plus, their 3 books on Amazon; Young House Love, Lovable Livable Home, and their Coloring Book you can pre-order now.
Please leave a rating and review for the podcast!
Theme song Headphones by Preston Pugmire
How to Listen (iPhone):
1. Tap the podcast app on your phone. The icon for it looks like this:
2. Search for “Chris Loves Julia” in the search bar and tap on the podcast title, which is “The Chris Loves Julia Podcast w/Preston Pugmire”
3. On the search results page the top section will list Podcast Episodes. Ignore that for now – first tap on the larger thumbnail (image) under the “Podcasts” section.
4. Once you’re on the podcast page, the first thing you want to do is tap the “Subscribe” button. There’s no cost to subscribe, and this way you’ll receive a notification each week when a new episode goes live.
5. Listen to an episode by first tapping the cloud icon to the right, allowing it to download, then tapping the episode to begin playing.