When we lived in Idaho, I could get away with wearing boots through May because, honestly, there was still a chance that it was going to snow at any moment. But here in NC, I swear the sun came out in February and the weather has been so sunny and warm ever since. I was fully expecting long, hot summers when we moved here, but what I didn’t expect (but ABSOLUTELY LOVE) are the extended Spring and Falls with warm temps where you don’t need a jacket most of the year. While my 7 pairs of snow boots have been collecting dust since we moved here, my sandal collection has been multiplying. I love to have a slide that’s pool safe, leather slide, something strappy, something with a back for activities. I rounded up a few of my favorites of the season below (pedicure not included, and I desperately need one).
1. Kendra Slides $16 Puffy sandals are really in right now and these are a great dupe to some more expensive ones I own and I couldn’t even tell you the difference.
2. Puff Cross-Strap $19 I have large feet (a size 11), which makes it really difficult to order some higher end shoes. These look exactly like some Anine Bing ones that I wanted that didn’t come in my size! I ordered them so fast.
3. Puffy Slides $19 Had and love these but beware, they shrink if you leave them out in the sun….or in the back of your trunk in the heat. Lesson learned. I need to order a new pair haha.
4. The Day Crossover $75 The perfect, effortless crossover sandal.
5. Rope Sandals $25 These are so delicate and lovely and can easily be worn with sweat shorts or a cute summer dress.
6. Ruthie Quilted $30 If you’re looking for a budget sandal that’s going to stay put and take you places, this is IT!
7. Kailey Slides $44 I love these with jeans. They’re so classic. A staple almost.
8. Freedom Moses Slides $50 Have 2 pairs of these! They come in so many fun designs and they’re perfect for the pool or beach!
9. Metallic Buckle $56 I’m really into deep, reddish browns lately. I think it’s such a nod to the past and these sandals are so beautiful with the buckle on it.
10. ReNew Sport Sandal $75 These are perfect for hikes! But are neutral enough to wear with a pair of jeans.
11. Austyn TKEES $75 Have these. Love these! They’re so minimal, it almost gives a bare foot vibe.
12. Velcro Strap $80 If on one side of the trends, you have puffy, on the other end, you have CHUNKY. I can’t believe they’re back, but I’d totally wear these on the daily.
13. Hillary Braided Slide $84 As soon as I saw the soft buff color of these braided slides, I knew I wanted to add them to my collection. They’re so comfortable, too!
14. Margie Black Multi $90 Give me quilted, puffy, strappy, black and brass any DAY OF THE WEEK.
15. Vince Camuto Antonni Slide $79 I got these originally to wear for an event. A tiny heel and simple slide, but I can’t tell you how many times I reach for them!
16. Dr. Martens Blaire Hydro Leather Strap $100 A summer version of your fav winter boot.
17. Charley Double-Strap Slide $110 I own these and would recommend a half size up if you can. I couldn’t because I got the largest size they had and my feet touch the front and back. I love the way they meld to my feet–they’re really nice quality, but I sometimes wish I had a little more length.
18. Cady Lugsole Sandal $118 I have these and wear them often, but will say they do run a little narrow. I have narrow feet so it’s not a problem for me, but they didn’t work on a friend’s foot.
19. SOREL Roaming Multi Strap $120 These are probably my most worn sandals on the go. They are insanely comfortable–like walking on a cloud!–and the straps keep everything in place so I don’t have to worry about losing a shoe. I love them so much!
20. Lizzie Sandals $349 If you are looking to spend some money, I’ve heard amazing reviews about these!
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Our bedroom changed a lot when we painted it and added trim, but not everyone can make big changes to their rooms. I wanted to put together a quick reference tool for when you’re in a busy season of life and want an easy update. Or perhaps your landlord isn’t keen on paint rollers! Here […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home
Make yourself right at home