In this episode, we peel back the curtain on a few projects happening around here. What you see are the photos, but there is always more uncertainty and conversations about nearly every decision. We take you through conversations around 2 projects we’re knee deep in (our bedroom and bathroom) and how we come to conclusions as a couple. We also answer the question, “What is your process for renovating a room?” And! Talk about how we sometimes feel we have unintentionally betrayed our readers.
• In the first few minutes, we talk about how our bedroom is coming together. Side note: Do you say “make the bed?” or “fix the bed?” Either way, we get into it about throw pillows and this scene comes up.
• We answer Preston’s question about mismatched nightstands (they’re totally okay!). Image below found here.
• Then we talk about the bathroom and the most freeing thought we renovate by:
We share what intimidates us, big, normal house projects that we still haven’t learned how to do and the secret we’ve been keeping: we don’t know how to do everything. And that’s okay!
• What’s Your Process For Renovating a Room?
- Live in a space long enough to decide your feelings about it and discover pain points.
- Make a wish list—things you want from the room, how you want to use the room, how you want the room to feel.
- Gather inspiration photos.
- Make floor plan renderings and layout options.
- Make a mood board to see how all the elements will work together.
- Order products
- If I can help it, I don’t order everything at once. I like things to arrive and then I can course correct if needed. Sometimes we have to order it all and then I can return something if it’s not going to work.
- Make a timeline for getting it done.
• Can’t Get You Outta My Mind
– Preston has Beef Jerky on his mind. Specifically this brand.
– I recently watched this YouTube video that changed my perspective on motivation. (bottom line: it sucks) In turn, I’ve been able to get up early every morning since and hit the gym. I hired a trainer to write a program for me so I have direction and use the JEFIT app, which shows how to do every exercise and work every machine out there plus keep a log!, so I’m no longer intimidated to go to the gym.
– Chris has always been passionate about cooking and although he doesn’t share much here anymore, he got this chest harness that holds his phone so he can record while he cooks! He’s been sharing a lot of our meals and his recipes on his Instagram–@c_marcum.
This Episode is Sponsored by:
We’ve been using Blue Apron for almost three years now, and we couldn’t recommend it more. They even started offering Whole30® Compliant options, so give it a try this week! Our listeners can get $30 off their first order by visiting www.blueapron.com/clj
Protein bars are not new, but the movement to make them less complicated is definitely on the rise, with RXBAR leading that charge. Simple ingredients, nothing artificial, and crazy delicious. Get 25% off your first order by visiting www.rxbar.com/loves and using the promo code “LOVES”