Tomorrow is the big day! Our meet up at the Sleep Number store in Idaho Falls, Idaho from 1-3pm. We’re so excited to meet you, take pics, chat and munch on refreshments. I’m bringing my paint decks and we’ll also be dishing out the design advice freely–so if you have specific questions, bring photos of your space. Hope to see you there!
More fun things this week!
• We’re hosting a really great giveaway with 31 bits over on our Instagram. Enter here.
• How to roast the perfect Turkey (Chris nails it every year). Plus! His Cornbread stuffing.
• How to cook an entire Thanksgiving dinner in one oven.
• I’ve been really struggling to get back into consistently working out after having Polly, I’m just so tired! But, there’s no motivation like new tennis shoes, right? These are at the top of my list.
• I love this clean, modern “Give Thanks” banner–perfect for Thanksgiving. It’s a free printable here!
• My goal this year is to get all my shopping done really early so that I can take my time wrapping the gifts (and not be up all night on Christmas Eve)–one of my favorite things! I just picked up 2 rolls of this pretty ticking stripe ribbon (in red and black!) and I can’t wait to use it.
• We’ll be launching the rest of our gift guides next week! We got a ton of wonderful feedback from our White Elephant gift guide, including who you need help shopping for. We’re on it!
• Literally, my favorite thing (and ironically least favorite–haha) from this entire week via @debrosse_nyc! It’s like this huge, horrible joke that we’re all in on and victims of at the same time.
• I’ve been struggling whether to go light or dark in the cabin bedroom we’re trying to tackle before the holidays, but I think this picture just sealed the deal for me.
• I just shared my favorite finds (serious, serious steals here!) from the Premiere Day sale on my Instagram stories! The sale only lasts for 24 hours. I linked them all below. Click the arrows to navigate–the pillow inserts are going fast!
Hey Chris and Julia! On your podcast a while back I think you talked about a docking station you have for your Apple Watch that you liked. I couldn’t find it again. Do you have that info still? Congrats on your new cabin, dig and baby. 2017 was good to you.
Turkey question: I already bought my turkey frozen before I read your post. So I can’t brine it? Any ideas for how to still make it amazing? Will it work for me to follow the roasting instructions still? Thanks!
Most of these deals are gone :) and on some that still exist rejuvenation changed the price. I wonder if it was a glitch and you just got lucky with catching it early? Either way thanks for the heads and up and please keep the deals coming!!!
There’s an iphone update for that issue. just in case anyone wasnt aware. Update! it’s been out a week or two now…
I’m excited for the rest of your gift guides! I struggle with presents for the men in my life. Nearly all dad/husband gift guides are so stereotypically masculine–my city-dwelling gents have no use for an axe, buy their own tech, and for god’s sake do not need a watch!
Ugh… I had the sheets in my cart for myself and one as a gift; got busy and didn’t check out and then…they were gone. Pillows too. So bummed.
I got TWO sets of the neutral ticking stripe sheets today. I’ve seriously been looking for sheets just like them… What. A. Deal. It felt like an early Christmas miracle!
I just got the queen sized blue ticking stripe sheet set for $46 at Rejuvenation! ( $49.34 with tax) Thanks for the heads up!
Whoa- what a steal on those sheets!!! I just bought some because we desperately needed some new ones that were nice, but they are always so crazy expensive. Thank you for posting that!!! I’m still kind of amazed about that deal. $300 to $51 for king sized sheets.
Does rejevenation have a free ship contingency? Like if you buy over a certain amount? Or is there a free ship coupon code? The bench is only $47 for the shorter on but then there’s a $229 s+h charge.
I was ready to click Order! and then saw the $229 shipping charge! Too rich for my blood, seeing as how I am perfectly capable of taking it to the room it belongs in all by myself.
same!!!!!!!! I was ready to buy that bench before it was $47 a month ago (I think it was like $150) and the shipping was $99 and I was like nope. Now I was like oooo ok maybe worth $99 for shipping but now it’s $229??? who on earth would pay that? I kinda feel like they upped the shipping charge to make the super sale even out. I call BS on this one.
Same! Did anyone find a free shipping code?
Do you know if those ticking sheets are printed or woven, yarn-dyed, etc. stripes? I like striped or plaid sheets, but I don’t like printed.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
We recently painted our study a dark, moody green color. This is after we first painted it a muddy green, then repainted it a blue-gray. I guess what they say is true; third time’s a charm! The journey was worth it, though, because I’m so in love with this glossy green in contrast with the […]
We've been doing this since 2009 and we've posted a whopping 24145+ blog posts and counting. You might need a little help searching, huh?
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Welcome to our online community where we've posted home, DIY, style, renovations, and family since '09. Renovating our #cljmoderncottage in Idaho and headed for new adventures in Raleigh, NC. #cljfam #cljtransformations
Make yourself right at home
What do you think?