It’s unofficially fall around here! The weather has dropped into the 60s, we’re sipping (whole30) soups, and I’ve swapped out some decor in the living room–more on that in a later post. But perhaps my favorite home related switch that occurs every year are the scents. Doesn’t fall have the best-smelling candles? The best!
Over the weekend, I lit my favorite Grey Flannel candle from Target (no. 9 on the list below) and our whole great room smelled and felt so cozy. It’s a really great transitional smell for summer to fall because it has some minor sweet notes, but it also smells like a snow day and last year I burned it all the way until Christmas. I haven’t always been a big candle person, but now I’m convinced, lighting a candle is the easiest way to change the mood in your home, or at the very least your own personal mood. Here are 11 of my favorite fall scents:
1. After Light Boho Glass Candle: smells like warm tobacco, clove, patchouli and musk
2. Boulangerie Pumpkin Souffle: smells like a rich autumnal blend of roasted pumpkin and brown sugar
3. Brooklyn Candle Studio Spiked Apple Cider: smells like natural cinnamon, nutmeg, clove, orange, and cedarwood essential oils–it’s crisp and cozy
4. Illume Woodfire Tin Candle: smells like cedarwood and smoke accords mix with heady patchouli leaves and warm vanilla to kindle the ultimate fireside fragrance.
5. Jonathan Adler Pop Bourbon Candle: smells like davana, cognac, plum, leather accord, birch, and cedar.
6. Illume Pumpkin Peppercorn: smells like a decadent pumpkin spiced with sweet peppercorn, roasted cinnamon bark and a twist of tangy citrus peel. Underneath the caramelized core is a harvest of earthen oak, molten amber, and black vanilla bean garnished with a touch of smoked chestnut.
7. Diptyque ‘Feu de Bois’ Woodfire Candle: smells like the warm, familiar, sophisticated accord of rare woods throughout the long winter days.
8. P.F. Candle Co No. 01: Spiced Pumpkin: smells like ripe pumpkin, creamy butter, and brown sugar, topped with toasted cinnamon and nutmeg.
9. Grey Flannel: smells like musk, a snow day, woodsy
10. Old Factory Candle’s Autumn Leaves: smells like the rich earthy scent of a brisk autumn day
11. Nest Fragrances Pumpkin Chai: smells like a blend of wild pumpkin, spicy Masala chai, cardamom, ginger and cinnamon.
Are you a candle person? Do you have a favorite fall scent? Dish in the comments below so we can add it to our fall rotation.