Every rug in our new line has at least 3 different sized runners. They are my favorite way to squeeze in a little softness and pattern under foot! Plus, they are SUPER AFFORDABLE! And while a hallway might be the most obvious place, we came up with 10 spots around the home that would benefit from a runner!
1. Your Closet. Our last closet was more of a galley style closet with his and her clothes hanging on each side. The thing that elevated it to the next level? A runner right down the middle.
2. The Kitchen. We all have the spot in front of the sink (or range) where we find ourselves standing the most that could benefit from a little softness underfoot. Plus! Kitchens are definitely the room in the house with the least decor opportunities and a rug does WONDERS in bringing in some personality, pattern and softness to an otherwise hard-surfaced place. If your kitchen doesn’t have a runner yet, I think you’ll be amazed at what it can add!
3. Laundry Room. Another boxy spot that’s generally narrow and would probably benefit for some softness added is the laundry room. And the great thing about a rug is you can effortlessly add whatever color you’d like into the room!
4. A Mudroom. A cute runner would look awfully nice in front of that row of lockers. ;)
5. Bathroom. I wouldn’t put one of our rugs next to the bathtub or anything, but in the vanity area? Absolutely!!
6. An Office Setting. The question that actually inspired this post was a reader that asked why size rug I would use near a double desk built into the wall. A runner would really mimic the linear lines of a built in desk area in an office or homework area!
7. The Stairs. But, of course! Combine multiple of the same runner to create a killer covering for your stairs.
8. At the end of/side of a Bed. Sometimes a bedroom is just too small for a full-sized rug, but that doesn’t mean you should to sacrifice softness or adding texture altogether! If you have a bed pushed to one side of the room, go for a runner on the exposed side to balance it out. Or place it at the base of the bed if your room is huge and you want to extend a rug out a little farther (great opportunity to mix, too! Yellow Brick Home did this flawlessly in their bedroom!)
9. An Entry. Every entry needs a rug, and depending on the size of yours, a runner might be just the ticket!
10. A Hallway. When our rugs started arriving at our house, I put 3 of the longest runners all lined up in our upstairs hallway and Chris said, “Wow! This feels so good!” Sometimes you don’t know what you’re missing until you have it, I guess.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
The next project we’re checking off our 2023 project list is the mudroom! This used to be the laundry room until we built out a much bigger, better laundry room upstairs. So, in the meantime, this space has been exclusively Cricket’s room. Cricket will still have a special space here, but we’re transforming this dingy […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home
Make yourself right at home