Instagram stories are quickly becoming my favorite medium because it’s so raw and real and usually uncut unpolished and filled with the middle of projects where I do a lot of my learning. And apparently find a lot of inspiration too. My screenshot folder is FILLED with Instagram story captures that I look back on and I thought it would be fun to share 10 standouts today from 10 different people.
1. I love this peek at a bathroom @simplygrove shared. I screen shotted it for that wall trim, but I staying for the black toilet, and those veiny floors–wish so badly I could see more of that sink situation!
2. Jenny Komenda has been killing it on stories lately and I wanted to share this screen shot for a few reasons. First was the bedroom she put together. I am obsessed with the visible wood grain coming through on the paneling–not to mention the color. But ALSO, this format she is using where she is talking and there is text and a visual of what she is referring to and a call to action–all in one story–it’s good. (You can use the unfold app to do this!)
3. Room For Tuesday is in Europe and the stories of her trip are so inspiring. This floor stopped me in my tracks. It’s black and white, yes, but do you see the Xes the black tiles are making? So cool!
3. I had to capture this fireplace situation from @verandainterior because it’s so clean with a lot of warmth. I’m so happy that completely light and stark interiors are being broken up by character and deeper colors and materials. I also feel like this peek is a great way to update tray ceilings that maybe have to be there. Square them off and add some beams! Taking so many notes on this one.
4. House of Brinson and the rich contrast trim and that turned leg side table and the portrait art. There’s not a prettier vignette.
5. @Philip_or_flop’s garage storage has us jealous! Those shelves for wood are on our must-have list now for sure!
6. This story from @trentonmak (not a design account) was sent to me by a follower for dining room inspiration and WAS IT EVER! From the ceiling to the arched walls and floors. I even thought–maybe we carry the white room the living room into the dining space! But I want to make sure it feels warm and intimate, too. The chandeliers–be still my heart.
7. Can you believe I have never been to Waco? But I’m admiring from afar. @Joannagaines shared this view of their new coffee shop, Magnolia Press, and my heart skipped a beat. The paneling is s beautiful and I love the traditional wood tones, lighting and that upholstery. I can’t tell if the wall color is off white (tan?) but I kind of hope it is!
8. Snapped this from Amber Interiors because I was trying to figure out a way to integrate a bench situation into our entry without it being the main thing–still want a console. And I LOVED this example of one tucked next to the stairs. And with the perfect textiles and paneling.
9. Pretty sure I got this from @jakealexanderarnold whom I get ENDLESS inspiration from daily. I think I’m really into this kind of contrasted paneling lately–mixed with a deep tan, I’m dead. This is just a kind of place I want to hang out in always.(just realized this is the third deep teal paneled wall I’m sharing–what does it mean?!)
10. Here’s another beam in a recessed ceiling inspiration–but this time from einteriors.design. I need more beams in my life.
Hopefully this gave you all some inspiration as well. Either in the form of design ideas or new faces to follow!
We designed the Charly line of sofas, chairs, and ottomans with perfect proportions for comfort — with wide arms, a loungey depth, and stylish and practical lumbar pillows. Available in 70 kid-friendly, pet-friendly fabrics, this line was created with families in mind.
Our wood grain Shaker cabinet fronts were designed for busy, high-traffic homes like ours. Clad with durable textured thermofoils, this line is compatible with Sektion, Akurum, Godmorgon, and Besta cabinets from IKEA. It's the perfect, practical way to add the warmth of wood to all the rooms of your home.
We have teamed up with Loloi to create a line of rugs that are as affordable as they are beautiful. This collection houses a great mix of traditional and modern rugs, in cottage-y colorways, as well as vintage-inspired beauties that you’ll want to roll out in every room.
We partnered with Stuga on a line of hardwood floors — The Ingrid is really livable, and the color is very neutral. It doesn’t lean warm or cool, it’s that just right in-between. We have really loved putting it everywhere in our house. It’s the best jumping-off point for design, no matter your interior style. In addition to being beautiful, Ingrid is really durable — we have three kids, and we always have a home construction project going on. Ingrid stands up to it all.
Looking for our favorite things? A place to shop our home room by room, or just catch up on what Julia's wearing / loving right now? Browse the CLJ shop.
Befores, afters, mood boards, plans, failures, wins. We’ve done a lot of projects, and they’re all here.
We have a long-standing relationship with DIY, and love rolling our sleeves up and making it happen.
Even when you don’t want to rip down a wall, you can make that space in your home better. Right now.
Almost daily I get asked what I would call my home style. I don’t like to box myself in, but I definitely lean Modern Traditional with an emphasis on comfort when it comes to our home. This especially came up when I shared our Powder Bath Reveal on the blog. I think it changes slightly […]
Another way for us to stay in touch! Joining our weekly newsletter gives you access to exclusive content, never-before-seen photos, your questions answered, and our favorite DIYs. Sign up below!
Make yourself right at home