Earlier this week, I posted the above photo on my Instagram shortly after I accidentally cleaned the entire house instead of taking a nap…again. Nesting urges have definitely kicked in, but not in the form I’d like them to–you know, like washing the baby’s clothes or packing a bag or digging the carseat out of storage. I just can’t stop cleaning and rearranging and purging the house.
That fiddle leaf fig tree is a new purchase (from here) and we love it so much. Not only was it one of the cheapest of its size I could find, but the canopy top and leaves are beautiful, life-like and it is so tall! Of course nothing beats the real thing if you have a green thumb, but if you don’t, this one is a terrific buy and one of the best fakes I’ve ever seen. (I put it in a basket I had on hand from Target.)
The tree is just a small part of the refresh the living room is getting in preparation for shooting our new Charly sofa that is arriving in a couple weeks! Thank you all so much for your support and excitement of our furniture line launch yesterday. We can’t wait to have the couch in our own home and see it in so many of your homes, as well.
Other fun things this week!
• Do you follow @calvinseibert on Instagram? His sandcastles are out of this world! He is actually a paid sandcastle artist that travels the world, hired to build these architectural masterpieces, out of sand, on the beaches of high-end resorts. What a talent and what a gig, right?!
• My favorite jeans are on super sale this week ($25 at checkout!) Despite my better judgement, I ordered a size up to wear after I’m pregnant. Jury is out whether that is a good idea or not.
• We did a little more cabin hunting this week, and while we didn’t find the one, we did find this pretty little kitchen with the most cabin-esque cabinets and cork backsplash. Love!
• When I was sharing my Amazon Prime Day finds on my stories earlier this week, I mentioned we had purchased this camera to use as our baby monitor and a few of you wanted to know more. It actually came as a recommendation from a good friend of ours. They have the Nest, but her sister has this one and she loves it so much. It’s very similar to the Nest cam in that you can use your phone to see in the room, you can even move around the room with a swipe of the finger and it will send you movement alerts–all for a fraction of the cost. We’re pretty stoked about it.
• This news article near my hometown where I grew up, had me cracking up this week. I have so many questions! Like, what tooook you so long, for starters?
Lastly, I promised I would share my Nordstrom Anniversary Home picks on the blog (I gave a brief explanation of each in my stories last night)! I went through the whole home section and these were the 29 things, that were priced incredibly budget-friendly…that I would buy in a heartbeat.
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!