I haven’t had the chance to put up a Casual Friday in a couple weeks due to traveling and projects, and there’s so much I am excited to chat about today, including a little pregnancy update later in the post. While I don’t share a ton about my pregnancies generally, I thought it would be fun to check in periodically and 24 weeks felt like a good milestone to do so.
• The prettiest growth chart I ever did see.
• “The Irish exit is not rude. It’s a sign of emotional intelligence — of candor, of self-assuredness. It means you know where you stand with everyone else, that you have some semblance of awareness.” Yes, Yes, Yessss.
• World Market is killing the outdoor pillow game this year. This Kilim one , this Macrame and Wood Bead one, and this Jali Macrame one are already impeccably priced, but you can take an extra 20% off this weekend with code SUNFUN.
• We celebrated Faye’s birthday last week. She turned 3! We keep birthdays pretty low key around here and just try to focus all of our energy and attention on the birthday girl, instead of juggling a party theme. She wanted two things: to go swimming and have a Minnie Mouse microwave. We did both. And you would not believe how many times a three year old can open and close a toy microwave!
• There are over 200 guest participants in this seasons’ One Room Challenge and in my spare time, I’m making it a point to go through all of them! Not only am I getting introduced to so many cool new-to-me blogs, but the projects they are tackling are fun and inspiring. (I am obsessed with the color Ashley painted her walls!)
• Pottery Barn, PB teen and pottery barn kids are having their big friends and family sale this weekend! 20% off everything (including furniture and clearance!) plus free shipping with code FRIENDS. I might pick up some more of my favorite gray curtains (they are thick, blackout and heathered) that we used in the guest room. Our dark leather chairs in the living room are already on sale, so you can stack the 20%! And if you haven’t checked out the new Emily & Merritt collection in the kids’ department…I may have bought them out accessorizing the nursery. Too sweet!
You may have caught an instagram campaign we did with The Container Store last week promoting their Closet Essentials sale going on until May 14th. Our closet has always been a big thorn in my side. It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense layout wise and part of me was just waiting until we renovated our bathroom and closet to really do something about it. Although it isn’t the biggest before and after, I can’t tell you how amazing it feels to inject some organization in there! You can watch the video here and I put together a little round-up of everything we used–all 15% off right now, no code needed.
1. Clear shelf divider 2. Drawer Dividers 3. Motorized Tie Rack 4. Clear Stackable Drawers 5. Gunmetal Shoe Rack 6. Gray Storage Box 7. Lotus pant and skirt hangers 8. White Storage Box 9. Lotus Wood Hangers
Hope you all have a fun Easter weekend! We’re hosting dinner and an egg hunt at our home with family, which means putting the reno projects and just enjoying the weekend.
(questionnaire inspired by my girl, Jessica, who also has three little girls. <3)