Most of you know by now that Chris does all the cooking around here. It’s a real passion of his and his wish lists are always made up of almost exclusively cooking equipment that he’s been eyeing. So we worked on this gift guide together to bring you all the best things to get the people that love to cook or entertain and partnered with Gift Card Mall for Williams-Sonoma, too, since I always end up tucking a Williams-Sonoma gift card in Chris’s stocking so he can get himself a little something extra–it’s the easiest, most well-received gift every year.
Besides that, we really recommend:
1. A Wellness Mat so their marathon cooking sessions are a little more comfortable. This therapeutic mat cradles your feet with an amazingly cushioned layer of support, suspending your body weight and reducing stress and fatigue–perfect for home cooks. $129
2. Marble Cheese slicer with board. We’ve had one of these for the past 8 years and can’t imagine cheese without it. $29
3. Copper Utensils so that every time they cook, it feels like a special occasion. $59
4. An olive wood salt keeper–monogrammed for bonus points! $49
5. A Whistling Tea Kettle with perfect pitch. (It’s on my wish list). $74
6. French Porcelain Oil Container that will keeping their olive oil protected from sunlight and just a reach away on the countertop. $39
7. Chris’s favorite pepper mill that allows you to adjust the grind with 6 settings and comes in 5 different sizes–he recommends the 12″. $60
8. Set of 4 Heirloom Olive wood wooden spoons that they’ll season all their lives and then pass down to their children–like grandma did. $79
9. Wusthof Classic Chef’s knife–start with the 8 inch. $99
10. Granite Mortar & Pestle, perfect for grinding garlic, whole spices and fresh herbs and in making pesto, curry pastes and other sauces. $49
11. Copper pasta machine, to bring all new meaning to “Spaghetti Sunday.” $74
12. Plaid kitchen towels that are super absorbent and will look just as good hanging over the sink as it will slung over their shoulder. $10
13. Shun 1,000/6,000-Grit Combination Whetstone so their knives will always be as sharp as an Iron Chef. $79
14. The ultimate spatula set that is durable, heat resistant, hygienic and real pretty, too. $39
15. A pizza peel because they make the most legit pizza…or want to. $44
16. The best platters for showing off all of their culinary creations. It comes in 3 sizes, is completely classic, sturdy and has handles for easy serving. $20
17. A Smoking Gun so they can effortlessly infuse foods and drinks with natural smoky flavors such as applewood or hickory without the extra heat. $99
18. The most essential stainless-steel pan, that will quickly become the only one they reach for. on sale for $149 (normally $280!)
And, if you still aren’t sure, a gift card to Williams-Sonoma tucked in their stocking. You’re golden.
You can purchase William Sonoma gift cards from Ahold, Giant Eagle, Vons, Safeway, Shaw’s, Acme, Kroger, Hy-Vee, Food Lion, Alberton’s and Hanford. Thanks to Gift Card Mall for sponsoring this post and allowing us to provide these giftervention ideas.