Three years ago today, Chris and I got married. We pretty much celebrate our marriage every day, but today is extra special. He did have to work from home this morning, but this afternoon and evening we are hitting the tizown. Because his birthday was last month, mine is later this month and next month is Christmas–we opted out of getting each other presents this year and decided to just do something together. Make a memory. I think it is a tradition that might stick. First thing we did to remember today–DIY a photo strip:
It was impromptu actually, which is best in our book.
1. We found ourselves all at the dining room table. Chris was working and I was keeping Greta busy snapping photos in Photo Booth. Chris stuck his head in some and then Greta retreated and we decided to get a couple shots of just us.
2. I picked my favorite four shots and put them in a column in photoshop.
3. I downloaded a cool free photoshop brush that makes several different kinds of photo strips here: http://www.coolestbrushes.com/brush/photo-booth-strip
With one click of the brush, I had my photo strip layer over my photos.
4. Because I lined up all of our heads in the strip, the photo widths were all over the place so I cropped the whole thing the width of the photo strip.
5. I added a few filters using Pioneer Woman’s Photoshop Actions until I liked the look of the photos. Free photoshop actions downloaded here: http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2010/03/actions-update-2/
Done….I think it would make a cute Christmas card, don’t you?